This post will be updated regularly as new articles are published.
- Trinity Tran talks with Lee Camp on Redacted Tonight (Trinity’s interview starts at minute 13), November 7, 2019
- “The People V Wall Street: California’s Public Banking Shake=Up,” by Glenn Daigon at WhoWhatWhy, November 5, 2019
- Forum in San Diego: Public banking foremother Ellen Brown in favor of public banking and Shari Freidenreich, Orange County Treasurer against, October 24, 2019.
- “California Opens the Public Banking Floodgates,” by Aaron Fernando at The Progressive, October 24, 2019, republished by Common Dreams, October 25, 2019
- “How a Public Bank Could Free S.F.’s Money from Wall Street,” by Ida Mojadad in SF Weekly, October 16, 2019
- “California Governor Signs Bill Allowing the Establishment of Public Banks,” by Marivic Cabural Summers in USA Herald, October 4, 2019
- “A Century in the Making,” by David Dayen in The American Prospect, October 4, 2019
- “Governor Signs Bill to Bring Public Banking to CA,” by Suzanne Potter, Public News Service (also available in audio), October 4, 2019
- “California Just Legalized Public Banking, Setting the Stage for More Affordable Housing,” by Mario Koran in The Guardian, October 4, 2019
- “California Becomes Second State to Allow Public Banks,” Sushil Jacob, Joel Fox, and Dean Baker on KQED News Forum, hosted by Mina Kim, October 4, 2019
- “‘Stunning rebuke to predatory Wall Street megabanks’ as California Gov. Newsom signs law allowing creation of public banks,” by Jake Johnson (Common Dreams) at Raw Story, October 3, 2019
- “California Just Legalized Public Banks: Will the Rest of the Nation Follow Suit?” by Ananya Garg in yes! Magazine, October 3, 2019
- “Despite complications and costs, SF to push ahead on public bank in wake of new state bill,” Dominic Fracassa in the San Francisco Chronicle, October 3, 2019
- “California Local Governments Gain a Pathway to Establish Public Banks,” by Bill Lucia at Route Fifty, October 3, 2019
- “Public banks can be formed in California: Newsom signs new law,” by James F. Peltz in the Los Angeles Times, October 2, 2019
And more to come.